Sunday, March 16, 2008

Driving back on a Sunday night

I was driving back from Mesquite to school tonight and was playing God of This City, by Chris Tomlin. I love this song already, and after reading messages from the lovely K-Mass (can I call you that now?) today, I decided to take out my Afters CD and put it on. (shock, I know.) Anyways, right as the song started I was driving right towards the Dallas skyline. And I started to giggle. Isn't it amazing the way the Father has placed people where He wants them, right at perfect times? And I find it amazing that I'm able to serve Him here in Dallas, as well as in the foreign lands He calls me to "play" in. Despite the things that may be going on between and in the buildings of Dallas and the struggles the people of the metroplex endure, how comforting it is to know that He IS the hope of this city and the HOPE of this nation.

AND I find comfort in the fact that no matter how great things are going, there's still greater things to be done in Japan. The darkness there is immense and I know I'm heading into a battlefield in exactly 2 months. However, I can't stop smiling when I think of the way that just in the past year we've had so many e-mails of people placing faith in Father. His sovereignty and His purpose surpasses all of our human expectations and ability. And how grateful I am for that...

Psalm 126