Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Yokota

So, I'm writing this from the air force base here in Yokota. See, when M's go out of the country, we don't get to stay in our apartment. Therefore, we got host families. I stayed with a very nice Japanese lady for 5 days. The most interesting thing was that I had fish/seaweed for breakfast :) I am very grateful for the fact that I was taken out of my comfort zone for a few days and placed smack dab in the middle of Japanese culture. Now, I'm staying with an amazing young couple on the Yokota air force base right outside of Tokyo. Definitely already had reverse culture shock here from their grocery store and taco bell! haha

Anyways,

Father is still doing great things here. As of yesterday, we have another new sister. C-san is such a wonderful and sweet natured person and I think she'll have a huge impact. Father is definitely moving in her life. A week and a half ago, I was asked to attend a Bible Study with my m mentor and a friend of hers. We ended up having my teammate and her friend that she had met come along as well. I was sitting there pr-ing my guts out for both of these people. Then I heard H-san say that He was now our brother. Then I looked up and R-san had teary eyes saying that she believed. That same day, J-san became our brother. 3 people in one day. And many divine appointments that day as well. Just a glimpse of the glorious things Father is doing here.

I know this is a small update, but I'm going to get better, I think, and post more soon. Love you all.

1 comment:

My name is Damaris said...

yeah so far you're making a 'D' in posting. That's okay.. D is a good letter.

I'm grateful for the sisters. Robin and the Girls send their love. I'll be in Nash wednesday. I love you. I miss you. I'm still pr-ing for you.