Saturday, December 27, 2008

Raining

I remember walking to our apartment one night in Tokyo after getting delicious beverages from Lawson's with 2 wonderful friends, sisters, confidants, amazing people. I felt a little jealously as these two girls were expressing their excitement for the upcoming semester and how they'd be at the same college and just blurted out something like, "I wish I knew where I was going." As the summer was coming to an end, I almost went into panic mode because I knew that I would not be back at DBU and that I would be standing alone as I returned to Mesquite, yet everyone else had the excitement of returning to colleges, jobs, even high schools. And I had nothing.

However, in the warm night a precious friend who I had the privilege to get to know better before the summer just stopped me and blatantly told me, "Don't worry! You have no limits! Nothing is going to stop you! Just do what you know you're supposed to do and follow those dreams!"

Over the past semester I've taken those words to heart. Every step I've taken in my new college, my new job, etc, I realize that yes, God did set me apart to be different than how IIIII wanted my life to pan out so easily. It's been a stinkin' challenge these past few months and I've learned some CRAZY difficult lessons.

However, I'm still blessed beyond measure. I see that. And I've caught myself slipping into complacency at times. But I can't have that. Because I have been given these dreams by ONE. The ONE I choose to live for. As lame as this is going to sound to some people, i am NEVER going back to ok. And this semester has proven that. My heart's cry is to continue to FOLLOW, not because a person tells me to, but because my identity is in HIM.

WOW. k.Mass, you said it right. I have no limits on the possibilities and nothing's holding me back. But what's greater is that HE has no limits.

Watch out Mesquite. Texas. World.

No comments: