Monday, January 26, 2009

Thank you, Starbucks guys.

The Afters are special in my heart. I credit them for holding the Dallas Diehards together during a tumultous year. I sang their music with friends in Japan. They served me frappucinos when I was a kid (I think). Matt told me all about how he hated DBU when I was 2 weeks into my first semester. A few months later I was explaining my concerns of going back to DBU when Havens spoke some truth and reality to me that helped me make my decision. All in all, I am grateful for them and how Father has used their music. And hope to Japan it with them one day.

Before I ever even met them, their music was very relevant in my life. Over the past few days I have been forced to deal with emotions that were once a huge fear of mine. Now, they're a reality. Guilt and disgust of my wicked human self. But I seek comfort in the fact that God's love is wider than an ocean. That his grace surpasses all understanding. That he wipes the slate clean, even when I feel like filth is dripping off my hands. What a beautiful King He is. My wonderful Jesus who continues to blow me away with His mercy.



"Ocean Wide" by The Afters

Look outside
It's already light and the stars ran away with the night
Things we're said, words that we'll try forget,
it's so hard to admit I know we've made mistakes
I see through all the tears but that's what got us here


[Chorus:]
If love is an ocean wide
We'll swim in the tears we cry
They'll see us through to the other side
We're gonna make it
When love is a raging sea
You can hold on to me
We'll find a way tonight
Love is an ocean wide

I'll stay right here
It's where I'll always belong
Tied with your arms
Days like this, I wish the sun wouldn't set
I don't want to forget
What made us feel this way
You see through all my fears
And that's what got us here

[Chorus]

Love is an ocean wide enough to forget
Even when we think we can't

No comments: