Monday, May 5, 2008

Not related to Japan

But I'm putting this here for storage purposes if you will :)

I remember when my mom had cancer and I heard the Thousand Foot Krutch song: This is a Call. The first verse talks about a girl crying herself to sleep while her mom had cancer, yet she fools everyone into thinking that she is so strong. The song put into words exactly what I was feeling in my heart. Because of randomly stumbling on this song, I was opened up to a world of Christian rock music that I did not yet know existed. Through finding ways to worship through rock music, I was able to slowly recover from years of hurt and bitterness through drawing closer to the Lord. It's not music that changed my life, it's the Father who allowed music to play such an important role in my life as a form of medicine. My personal goal as a Diehard is first and foremost to bring glory to Christ. I want to do everything I can to reach out to others and let them know that there is hope and that even when things fall apart, God is there to put the pieces back together. By serving musicians, it is a blessing to be able to encourage them in any possible way as they press forward to make their message known. I am not talented or extraordinary in anyway, just a gracious daughter of the King who wants to share His love with anyone I can.

No comments: