Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The Light is Coming





So, I have been here for a few days now and this place definitely is in need of prayer. I am grateful for that fact that Father was here before I got here and that he will be here after we leave. We have made some good contacts and I have been able to share the message of hope several times.

The picture of the street with the hotel really grabbed my heart. It is an area full of love hotels, which is where many people go to in order to have quick one night stands and such. Many girls here put their worth in love from strangers and often end up in these places. Pr that they will put their hope in Father and realize they are worth so much more. It's considered a part of their culture, so please pr that that aspect will be removed. My heart really broke for them, so pr that Father will use that passion to reach them in special ways.

A few quick stories:

Sunday, I pr'd specifically that I would get to do some "dieharding" and use music as a form of ministry. Later that day we were doing 5 Minute English and I was able to talk about music with people. It was awesome. Also, I met some girls in a band who like to read love stories. They want to hear about my favorite love story, so we're going to get together and hopefully get in the Word.

This morning we went to the temples here and the spiritual oppression could definitely be flet. The enemy has a stronghold in this area. The other day a volunteer team left to go back to the USA 2 days early as a result of the spiritual warfare being too much. We have several teams staying there this summer, so please pr that they will have endurance.

After we went to the temples, we did 5 minute English and were asked to stop by the police. We did. But God's work did not. People were coming at us from every direction and we were able to share Truth with so many people. It was amazing to see how he sent more people to us and they kept striking up conversations with us.

Please pr for the people here and the darkness that is so strong here. I thank Father that I do not have to clap to wake him up and toss coins to make him hear me. He is truly a rock and the light of my salvation.

Thanks for everything.

7 comments:

Katy said...

Oh my krunk kat! This is so encouraging!! You're right...the light is coming. "Til the land of the rising sun is the land of the rising SON!" Love ya girl!

My name is Damaris said...

Dear Hopper,
I heart you. I trust that Dad has great plans in store for you as you work for Him. Continue to diehard - what an amazing way to share agape!
I am pr-ing for you, Sister. We will all be pr-ing for the specific things listed.
Love you.

My name is Damaris said...

p.s. I want to know what 5 minute english works? How do you do it??

labarton said...

So basically the Father is using you. How amazing is it that He chooses to use the humbleness of a grasshopper? I love you and will be pr for the girls in the band as well as in the love hotels. I also want to know about 5 min eng. Hope to hear more.

kelsey. said...

you are doing an amazing thing sarah. i love you <3

Sarah's momma said...

WOW, THE WORK HAS JUST BEGUN...YOU HAVE A LOT OF TIME TO SOW/AND I KNOW YOU WILL ALSO REAP GREAT REWARDS...I'M SO PROUD OF THE HEART THAT YOU HAVE TO REACH THE LOST AND DARK PLACES OF THE WORLD...
ACTS 1:8, YOU WILL RECEIVE THE POWER...........GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!!
LOVE YOU

My name is Damaris said...

update already!